How To Make The Best Use Of Your Economics Tuition ?
Economics Tuition is a hefty investment. You have chosen an economics tutor. Now there is also responsibility on your part to ensure you maximise your learning. It can be the best economics tuition in the whole universe but yet make no difference to you, unless you are willing to co-operate.
Here are 5 key steps:
- Read up before and after class. This will allow one to already be familiarised with content that will be applied during lesson and reinforce the learning points and retain by running it though after class. A responsible tutor will give you the heads-up on what will be covered the next lesson. A responsible student will take some time (toilet breaks! :-)) to prepare. The one-ear-in-one-ear-out phenomenon is also common. Other than using earplugs, running through lesson the very night or day after, provides a great way to achieve retention.
- Secondly, pay full attention during the class! Some students day-dream or get distracted by their phones and miss out valuable points or end up copying down the wrong points to disastrous effects! This is why a responsible tutor like myself enjoys confiscating phones. If you don’t wish to donate your phone, pay full attention in class!
- Thirdly, ask! Some students don’t bother to and others are too shy. Why should you be? Ask until you really really know! I love taking questions and always encourage my students to fire them at me. You ought to!
- Fourthly, do the assignments seriously and check if unclear with tutor’s comments. This is valuable practice. Well, first and foremost, make sure you have signed up for a tuition programme that consists of assignments!
- Fifthly, make full use of all available resources and channels for help. For example, students of our economics tuition programme receive real world examples, infographics, mindmaps and videos which are additional resources outside of lesson time. Stop wasting your time on Youtube when you should be tuning in to Mr Hong’s economics songs!
Should you even take up Economics Tuition? Read this to understand why economics tuition in Singapore may be necessary.